Railway Cottage, Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry
Character, charm and comfort are three words that come to mind when describing this lovely cottage which dates back to the 1800s. It offers a mix of traditional features and contemporary design with some of the original walls and latched doors.
"Railway Cottage" is built on the old railway line near the start of the proposed Kerry Greenway and enjoys breathtaking views of the Behy mountains and river. Whether it is a holiday home or permanent residence you are looking for then this property is well worth viewing.
It is situated just a short distance from the blue flag beach at Rossbeigh. This magnificent sandy beach offers miles of sea and sand where you can enjoy swimming, water sports and horse riding. The village of Glenbeigh is just over a mile away and offers all amenities including very good restaurants and pubs and Killorglin is 8 miles away with many award winning restaurants.
Located on the Wild Atlantic Way, this location is ideal for exploring the surrounding countryside. Within a 30 mile radius you can reach some of Ireland's most renowned beauty spots as you drive around the world famous Ring of Kerry with numerous attractions along the way.
Some of the many hobbies catered for in the surrounding area include hill walking literally on your doorstep, horse riding with stables in the Glenbeigh area, fishing in the nearby river and shooting. For the golf enthusiast Dooks Golf Club is only a couple of miles away and offers an interesting challenge on the magnificent links which has long been a magnet for golfers over the years.
Nearby towns include Killarney 20 miles, Tralee 23 miles. Airports: Kerry 40 minute drive/ Cork 2 hours.
- Easy to maintain garden to the side and front
- Garden shed to rear.
- Wooden Floor. Original Railway Cottage stone wall
- Slate tiled floor
- Completely renovated in 2014
- Attractive cream units and table/chairs
- Granite worktop
- Rangemaster cooker with gas hob and electric oven
- Integrated dishwasher and fridge freezer
- Belfast sink
- Wood burning fire with stone surround.
Ground Floor Toilet: ✓
Hot Press: ✓
- Wooden floor
- Solid fuel burner with stone surround
- Wooden beams in the ceiling and window seats
- Four Bedrooms with wooden floors, two of which are double.
- Bathroom tastefully tiled and heated towel rack
- Traditional Cottage in Pristine Condition
- Character, Charm & Comfort
- Adjacent Glenbeigh Village and Rossbeigh Beach