Lakefield House, Caragh Lake
We are delighted to join Savills in presenting arguably one of the finest waterfront houses in Kerry to the market. Lakefield House is the perfect private full time residence or indeed a second home with plenty of room for friends & family and the benefit of generating rental income if one so wishes.
Lakefield House will surprise you at every turn as you wander through the grounds, with secret gardens, picturesque dry stone walls, huge mature trees, a wide variety of tender flowering shrubs, bushes and expanses of lawn.
This superb property, set on an elevated site is made to admire the lake and surrounding landscape.
Thoughtfully designed by the current owner, the house was built to take advantage of the amazing setting in the heart of Kerry.
Great care and attention went into the build in 1978 and resulted in generous living accommodation with solid concrete floors, double glazed windows and doors and substantial stone paved terraces.
The panoramic views are available from all main rooms which are well proportioned and have access to the terrace. Upstairs two of the bedrooms have their own penthouse style balcony where one can bask in the sun in total privacy while appreciating the best views from the house including unrivalled sunsets.
Guest accommodation is provided in 3 units; a quaint traditional Irish cottage with feature double height ceiling & central double sided fireplace and a more contemporary lodge with 2 apartments, easily converted to a single private dwelling. Alternatively these units these units are ideal to provide income as holiday lets if considering commercial use, all very much in keeping with the magical feel of this wonderful property.
Situated in this nature lovers paradise that is Caragh Lake and surrounding area, privacy, peace and tranquillity pervades Lakefield, whether you wander through the lush gardens or make your way to the shore where a boathouse and slipway invite you to take the boat out for a spot of fishing, a dip in the lake, or more sporty pursuits like windsurfing and canoeing.
Traditional outhouses offer extra storage for fire logs, garden tools, machinery, etc.
A renovated and enlarged stone built detached games room with table tennis and 6-person Sauna with tiled floor, Shower, WC, WHB and rest benches rounds off the picture of a perfect home for an extended family.
Stone built, el. light, space for 1-2 lake boats, rafter storage for surfboards, canoes etc., manual winch
The mild Gulf Stream climate supporting a wide variety of plants, underlines the setting and appeal of Lakefield House as a paradise for gardeners, with different sections providing individual ' outside rooms' .
- Walled ' secret' garden
- Walled rose garden
- Walled front garden
- Lake docking area
- Ample Parking area
- Work / storage sheds
- Spectacular Views Over Caragh Lake
- Private Access to Lake with Extensive Water Frontage
- Private Accommodation on 4.4 Acres
- Magnificent Gardens
- Guest Cottage & Lodge Providing Extra Accommodation
- Oil Fired Central Heating
We at Kerry Atlantic Homes act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. No person in the employment of Kerry Atlantic Homes has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
5. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price or withdrawal without notice.
6. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.