Bun Na Speire, Caragh Lake, Co. Kerry
We are delighted to join Savills in the sale of Bun Na Speire which is nestled in the heart of unspoilt rural Caragh Lake in an area of serene beauty where the highest mountain on the island of Ireland - Carrantuohill- can be seen from the Lake shores. Bun Na Speire is without doubt one of the more significant properties on Caragh Lake and what sets it apart from many other impressive properties is its unique design.
Designed around a central atrium with extensive use of wood, slate and stone, the property has been built to the highest of standards with concrete floors on three levels boasting open plan spacious living areas and bedroom accommodation.
The unimposing driveway leads to a parking area set at a higher level with a detached garage a beautifully designed roofed walkway leading to the property which sits amongst tall trees, all overlooking the lake.
Built in a very unique contemporary style Bun Na Speire encompasses all the attributes expected in a premier lakeside home in this location.
Offering complete peace and tranquility this is the perfect hideaway for the artist, the potter, the author or the poet. The property is filled with natural light and benefits from lake views from most rooms of this fine home as well as the upstairs terrace
Bun Na Speire is a wonderful house for entertainment with the floor plan flowing effortlessly throughout. Of particular note are the circular dining room and the Organ room which has a glass wall overlooking the living room. The views of Caragh Lake can also be admired from here; a magnificent living and entertaining space.
There are also plans for a self-contained apartment for the detached garage subject to planning permission - ideally suitable as further guest accommodation / staff accommodation.
An outstanding feature of Bun Na Speire is the magnificent gardens which are natural and designed for ease of maintenance with woodland and parkland areas and many mature shrubs and trees giving a colourful display all year round. A walkway to the shore is bordered by many mature unique colourful plans and finally opens up to lake frontage with a private dock for your boat or from where to take a dip on a sunny day.
- Located on Shores of Caragh Lake with Direct Access
- Contemporary Architect Design
- Lush Woodland Aspect Surrounded by Nature
- Adjacent to Ard na Sidhe Country House Hotel and Carrig Country House
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Entrance Porch Tiled floor, glass panelled doors
- Entrance Hall Tiled floor
- Guest Toilet Fully tiled, feature wash hand basin, shower unit and wc
- Bedroom 1 Carpet, fitted robes
- Bedroom 2 Carpet, fitted robes
- En suite Tiled floor and partially tiled wall, wc, whb and shower unit
- Living Room Large living space, carpet, wood burning stove, reading/study/ area, balcony overlooking Caragh Lake
- Master Bedroom Carpet, almost full length windows overlooking woodland area
- En suite Fully tiled, his & hers wash hand basins, wc, bath with overhead shower
- Dressing Room Carpet, fully railed, substantial storage space
- Organ Room Carpet, wall of windows overlooking the living room
- Kitchen Tiled floor, tiled splash back, fully integrated NEFF appliances, eye and floor level cupboards, curved breakfast bar
- Dining Room Curved wall with views of Caragh Lake, cherrywood floor and worktop. Morso stove
- Utility Room Tiled floor, two wash hand basins, pantry, shower unit
- Store Room/Cloak Room Tiled floor