PROPERTY FOR SALE IN BALLINSKELLIGS
Character, style and architectural ingenuity combined! This is what's on offer in the beautiful area of Ballinskelligs. Sean Mike's is located on the Wild Atlantic Way, an area of great natural beauty where the gulf stream provides a gentle temperate climate. Enjoy some amazing views of Ballinskelligs Bay on the Ring of Kerry. The nearby town of Waterville has two world famous golf courses and the Skellig Rocks are just a few miles off the coast where part of The Star War movies were made. St Finian's Bay famous for watersports and Portmagee, a beautiful fishing village are within a very short drive.
An eclectic mix of roof shapes, soaring internal spaces and eye-catching quirks galore, this remarkable 2,900 sq ft contemporary house, designed by Michael Williams, blends unobtrusively in the peaceful and beautiful Kerry landscape with inside dimensions and architectural qualities that belie the subtle exterior design. It is not surprising that it featured on t.v. on "About the House", and in various magazines. Named after the owner of the original cottage, Sean Mike Sullivan, the 200 year old structure is now partially inside the main building. The garden covers about .7 acre and is planted to create shelter in an otherwise wild habitat. There are large paved areas all around the house and garden allowing you to enjoy the panoramic views of both the sea and surrounding mountains
Completed in 1995 the interior proportions are most unusual with cathedral ceilings, curved concrete roofs and angular rooms, built with the finest quality materials including the original stone from ruined out-buildings found on site used to clad exterior walls and build the dry stone garden walls..
The entrance lobby which has an inset of 14th century Portuguese tile panel, Maple flooring and a 12ft high window.
This leads to a high open-plan living space which includes:
A room of 1,000 sq ft with solid mahogany floor, curved poured concrete ceiling, in parts more than 20ft high. Siematic Kitchen with high quality marble work tops housing a black AGA cooker (oil fired), Miele dishwasher and a Gaggenau wok. The water throughout the house can be heated by the AGA, oil fired central heating or an electric immersion. The Living Room area has a panoramic window with solid wooden shutters and a door leading to the garden and patio area.
Six sliding cherry wood veneer doors (26ft) lead into this room. These may be opened to integrate with the living room.
Utility Room: Hot water boiler, room for washing machine and dryer, built in storage
Guest Bathroom: Grohe Power Shower, Koralle shower enclosure, Italian sink and toilet, black slate floor and Italian white tiles. Closed in storage area off bathroom.
Mezzanine Room/Bedroom: 300 sq.ft with sky light. Wooden stairs with banister leading to kitchen area.
Bedroom: Maple floor, built in wardrobe.
Bathroom: Free standing Victorian Bath, separate Grohe Shower, Korally shower enclosure, Art Deco/Art Nouveau tiles.
Guest Cottage: Ideal for short-term letting
Private entrance with access to its own garden area with seating and magnificent views of Ballinskelligs Bay
Master Bedroom/Bathroom self contained: Cathedral ceilings, maple floor, Siematic built in kitchen with top of the range appliances. There is a large Victorian Bath, Sink and a separate toilet and shower room forming part of this self-contained living space. This 200 year old restored cottage with Maple floor, high ceilings, wood burning stove and partially glassed walled to sitting room.
We at Kerry Atlantic Homes act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. No person in the employment of Kerry Atlantic Homes has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
5. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price or withdrawal without notice.
6. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.
- Includes a Self-Contained Guest Cottage
- Located on Wild Atlantic Way & Ring of Kerry
- Dramatic Views out over Ballinskelligs Bay
- Oil Fired Central Heating
Directions: V23 XT27